Saturday, December 17, 2011

Hugh Hewitt remembering Christopher Hitchens

Hugh Hewitt regularly welcomed Hitchens' on his radio show and speaks fondly of the man after his passing.
Christopher Hitchens, RIP
I will replay my last interview with Christopher Hitchens --a three hour conversation about his autobiography-- sometime between now and the New Year. He was a joy to interview and a wonder to listen to debate, unfailingly gracious to me, my other guests and my audience...

I suspect that every one of the 50 conversations we had on air between 2006 and 2010 is still of interest because Hitchens could not be other than interesting, a compelling voice for freedom and courage in the age of terror. All of those transcripts are in the archive, and a New Year's resolution of mine will be to arrange to have them put into a single CD set so that people will be able to hear as well as read his command of the language and of his arguments. We spent a great deal of time discussing God, and I hope and pray I am correct in my views and that he can concede to me on that subject when we meet again.
Christopher Hitchens in memoriam:
- The art of "Selling" - Christopher Hitchens with Ralph Reed on 'Hannity and Colmes'
- Controversial author Christopher Hitchens appearing at Sydney Writers Festival
- Watch Christopher Hitchens volunteer to get waterboarded for Vanity Fair Magazine
- The week that was: Honorary APF pundits

No comments: