Thursday, August 13, 2009

Democratic Congressman Rick Larsen calls out Fox News' Glenn Beck

VIDEO: Rep. Rick Larsen zings Glenn Beck and Glenn Beck supporters
I often highlight notable political news in anticipation of feuds. Just like in wrestling, the slightest incidences between performers can be a precursor to a new storyline or rivalry.

The latest is Democratic Congressman Rick Larsen calling out Fox News pundit Glenn Beck during a Town Hall meeting hosted in Washington Stadium. A lady questioner graciously thanked the crowd before reading a prepared statement. Representative Rick Larsen was gracious in kind and [clumsily] delivered his own prepared zinger to wild applause.
I've Got Facts On My Side & You've Got Glenn Beck On Your Side! Rep Rick Larsen Town Hall
CITIZEN: Firstly I'd like to thank you Representative Larsen for doing this for us tonight. Then I'd like to thank the audience (and most of you are gone). I think this is one of the most courteous audiences I've ever seen. I'm proud of you.

I have two real concerns about the nationalized health care insurance.

Why are all Americans forced into a government-run health care and insurance plan when only 46 million out of 312 million are uninsured?...

RICK LARSEN: Thanks... Thanks for your input and your comments. With regards to the first comment about being forced to buy health care, I’ll say it again...

I’m sorry, the bill does not force anybody to change their health care plan. If you’re in a plan, you will not be forced into the public option. You will not be forced into the health insurance exchange. Now folks will say that’s not true, but I’ve got facts on my side and you’ve got Glenn Beck on your side. It’s just not going to play off that way.
I fully expect Glenn Beck to replay this moment on his show and return fire at Representative Larsen. The ultimate outcome of course would be a PPV Debate event similar to the one between Sean Hannity and Utah Mayor Rock Anderson. Unfortunately a feud escalating to a satisfying conclusion such as that has been the exception and not the rule.

No comments: