Saturday, March 21, 2009

Stephen Colbert in a freestyle rap battle with Michael Steele - with lyrics

This may go down as one of the funniest clips of the Colbert Report ever. The rap battle finally took place between Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele and Stephen Colbert. But not the way you might have imagined it going down.
Read Stephen Colbert's email to Michael Steele challenging him to a rap battle

Like any good rap you'll need a varied knowledge base to get the references, in this case an understanding of current political memes and their players.

Video: Michael Steele's Rap Battle response
The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Michael Steele's Rap Battle Response
comedycentral.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorMark Sanford

Stephen Colbert's rap battle lyrics
Hey Mike Steele gonna steal the mic
with a flow so rich it'll get a tax hike,
Dropping rhymes' so fine it'll make you blush
and beats so phat you can call them 'Rush'
Oh say can you see by your mom's ugly face
We won't need Scalia to rule on this case
The Chairman is missing, call Nancy Grace
and crank up the Right wing Republican base

You better get a voucher cuz your rhymes are failin'
Your games' a dying moose and I'm Sarah Palin
You're gonna disappear like the Middle class
I'll take a penny out my loafer and put the rest up yo ass
whooooooooo

In accordance with "Hip Hop's longstanding fairness doctorine", Stephen Colbert created Michael Steele's response by editing clips of the GOP Chairman:
Lyrics to Michael Steele' response to Stephen Colbert
1-2, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2
Get ready to get knocked over
I have something to say, I'm not trying to play
Cut me a cheque for 25K, you want me to help the people of my state. Great.
Cuz I'm a Republican for goodness sake
The economy, the war, on issues that affect the poor
Go back to the streets, that's really the -- the heat of the meat
Bet on black, you get it done
You got the black Republican who grew up on Eight Street or DC, son
I've been a Republican since I was 17. I intend to run the RNC
Go back to my base, gettin' up in their face

Democrats tryin to mix us up and try to get us off track
OK whatever, that's whack
The democrats have got the swagger right now, swagger right now, swagger swagger right now
Whatever. The Democrats represent deflation, stagnation, obfuscation, taxation, triforcation
Reality check here, Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer
Oops my bad!
Hush hush, I like Rush you know
I'm focused on the cash flow, create the wealth. It's not a Stimulus bill, it's a bad, bad bill.
Drill baby Drill.

There was a Michael Steele before there was a Barack Obama
I was open to everything like yo mama
A ha, but seriously, trying to force a massive spending bill
I say to that "baloney", these numbnuts on Capitol Hill can blow me

Ha ha, you definitely got the beat down
How do yo like me now

Michael Steele's casual way of speaking definitely helped in creating a convincingly smooth Hip Hop edit

1 comment:

TheStateofHipHop said...

This is awesome. Usually Colbert comes off a little cheesy to me but his rhymes are on point!

Lol...and the sampling...Colbert keeps it hip hop!