Monday, March 16, 2009

Meghan McCain and the Pundit women: Rachel Maddow, Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham

Meghan McCain has been interacting with influential APF pundit women lately. After calling out Ann Coulter, she sat down with MSNBC's Rachel Maddow to talk about it. This prompted Laura Ingraham to talk about Meghan, inserting snide comments regarding the young McCain's weight in her rebuke of her.
Listen and download Laura Ingraham's smackdown of Meghan McCain

This led to a counter by Meghan on the 'Daily Beast' on the "unecessary" dig on her weight
Quit Talking About My Weight, Laura Ingraham
Recently my not-size-0 body has come under fire again by the conservative pundit Laura Ingraham. On her radio show recently, she sarcastically commented that I was "too plus-sized to be a cast member on the television show The Real World" and needled me about my weight with a comment about Barbie's 50th anniversary. Instead of intellectually debating our ideological differences about the future of the Republican Party, Ingraham resorted to making fun of my age and weight, in the fashion of the mean girls in high school.
However it is this line by Meghan that I will be following up on
At this point, I have more respect for Ann Coulter than I do for Laura Ingraham because at least Coulter didn’t come back at me with heartless, substance-less attacks about my weight.
Ann Coulter, if she is anything like the wrestling heel (villain) I've claimed her to be will see this as a challenge. Unlike Rush Limbaugh who downplays his villainry ("I'm just your harmless, lovable little fuzzball", Ann has has built her reputation on her gleeful and gratuitous villainry. As Meghan said herself of Ann
My Beef With Ann Coulter
I straight up don’t understand this woman or her popularity. I find her offensive, radical, insulting, and confusing all at the same time.
Update:
Laura Ingraham has returned fire at Meghan, telling her to "toughen up" and inferring she was a "useful idiot".

No comments: