Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Media Malpractice: John Ziegler VS Matt Lauer

Matt Lauer and John Ziegler talking Media Malpractice

John Ziegler is in full promotion mode as his much awaited Documentary, 'Media Malpractice: How Obama got elected and Sarah Palin was targeted' was released today. John Ziegler appeared on The Today Show, and had a typically heated exchange with Matt Lauer.

Matt Lauer tries to clarify the John Ziegler's charge
LAUER: So there was a concerted effort, in your opinion, on the part of the mainstream media, let's make sure we separate that out-
ZIEGLER: Sure.
LAUER: -and I guess that would include our show here.
ZIEGLER: Certainly.
LAUER: But to tear down this person and ask different types of questions than, than we would ask or anybody would ask of other candidates.
ZIEGLER: I think the evidence is overwhelming and it's in my documentary that Sarah Palin was held to a completely different standard than Barack Obama or Joe Biden. And I think John McCain and Hillary Clinton were also held to different standards. You guys were in love with Barack Obama from very early on and it showed in every single element of the news media coverage. This is like trying to prove Barry Bonds did steroids. I mean this is, this is the easiest case in the world to prove. I can't believe I'm the only one trying to prove it.

Not quite true. Bernard Goldberg has been a longtime champion of the media bias meme, most recently in his new book 'A Slobbering Love Affair: The True (And Pathetic) Story of the Torrid Romance Between Barack Obama and the Mainstream Media'

John Ziegler answering the charge he is a filmmaker of the Michael Moore mold
LAUER: So before I get into specifics is this a documentary in the truest form of the word or is this a documentary in the form that a Michael Moore tends to bring to the screen.
ZIEGLER: I'm no Michael Moore because I have facts and a lot less fat. So I'm no Michael Moore. But so this is a documentary that actually tells the truth about the overwhelming evidence that the media had an agenda here, Matt.

John Ziegler uses science and statistics to make his case
ZIEGLER: ... The reality is everything about Sarah Palin-, we did a poll, which you can see at MediaMalpracticeMovie.com, scientific poll proving that voters knew all the bad information about Sarah Palin because people like you repeated it constantly, over and over, even though you know, since you've been to her home that it's a lie that she's some sort of a moron. You know it. Come clean. Be the A-Rod of the media!
LAUER: I, I, I, I think, I think, I think your-
ZIEGLER: Come clean Matt! You can do this, right now, in front of America.
LAUER: I think, well, let me, if I were the A-Rod of the media I'd give you half the truth

Noted statistician Nate Silver, might have something to say about the veracity of Ziegler's polling methods. Read Ziegler and Silver's memorable exchange here - How Obama got Elected: John Ziegler vs. Nate Silver.

Find discussion and a partial transcript of the interview from Newsbusters - Defensive Lauer Forced to Admit Palin Not An Idiot

No comments: